Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » An argument in the family

An argument in the family

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

I have strict parents. And it’s not ok. I actually got into....... an argument with my mom a couple of weeks ago.
        It all started when my mom asked my dad to buy some bread because he was leaving the house to drive her to where she works. But then she saw me and thought to ask me to buy bread even if I didn’t want to leave the house. So, as you imagine, I didn’t go. My dad was ok with that because he never really gets mad over stupid stuff like this. When my mom got home that day she got extremely mad at me and started yelling at me because ,,I am always on my phone and I can’t do anything in that house``. Personally, I think she over-reacted but anyways. She took my phone but thank God I have a tablet so I didn’t lose the streaks on Snapchat and I was talking to my aunt all the time. She always calms my mom down in these cases. That night I actually hid my tablet so she can’t take it too.
      The next morning I went to my grandma's house.... where my aunt lives but somehow my mom found out and got more mad than she already was. When she got home we talked about this and everything calmed down.
         From this story you need to learn that communication is the key to solving arguments. They are a part of life and you will always argue with someone you love as a friend or more.

Last edited by limelightsince2016 (2019-01-28 16:40:35)

I like the ending. It's true that misscomunication leads to more conflicts. However, I would have liked to see a little bit more details in this story. The events are happening a little bit too fast and we don't know anything about the characters. But overall, the ideea was great and you can relate to it. Every mother get's upset because of stupid things and that is a fact that you stated really well in this paragraphs.

This thing happens to so many of us, and I can relate so much to the "You are always on your phone" argument. Yes, I understand we should all take breaks from technology, but that won't happen if you are forced. You could have insisted more on some things but it's a great story!

A true story (I think) and it has a little humor too. You focused on a very common topic, which is not bad, because there are many parents who are trying to get us away from the phones. You used a lesson in the end of a story and I like that.

I like. Maybe your mother reacted a bit hard and was annoyed by stupidity. But maybe she was tired of work and had some expectations on your part. I think sometimes we should do them our parents not only their new.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » An argument in the family