Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » I realise I am such a fool

I realise I am such a fool

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Dear diary,

I think I did a really big mistake in my life. Hanging out with Lizza, my ex-best friend,  was  a waste of time. She just used me for almost 3 years now and I*m really mad about it. I mean, I did so many things for her, no thanks no nothing, and now that we fought, she treats me like I don*t even deserve to live or breath the same air as her.
Basically, I did her homework, her chores, even helped her out with her problems. For exemple, I remember that in nineth grade  she asked me to lend her my homework because she didn*t do it. Why you may ask? Because she had a romantic date with Nate and she hadn*t had time to thnk of anything else. So  what did I do? I lended her MY homework and I got a bad grade for the fact that I ’’didn*t do it”.  So she got a passing grade on my work and I failed the class.

This other time, we were in the middle of a test and she hadn’t studied so she kept asking me for the answers. But not  silently. She was talking normaly and of course the teacher came to us and took our test and both got a really bad grade. But what is worse is that she blamed me for this hole thing and I ended up being suspended for a week. I don’t even want to explain how much my mother screamed at me that week. I almost ended up sleeping at my grandparents house. Not only that, but she never said sorry for that. She just ignored me until she needed somthing. I had’t realise it back then but now I that I fought with her I feel like for the past 3 years I have been just a dog obeying her.
I can’t believe I even stood up for her when people were saying mean things about her. I regret so this so much now! All those people who tryed to make me open my eyes were right. I should apologize to every single one of them! For exemple, Nex, a boy from my class that sits in the last desk, once came to me and said that I should really try making better friends. I asked him why would he say that and he just stared at me then left. The next day, I talked to him about this and he just pointed at Lizza saying that I should choose my friends better. All I remember is that I started screaming at him for no reason. Now I feel guilty. The first thing I’m gonna do tomorrow is to apologize to him but for now, I will go to sleep.
P.S: How can I be so foolish?

I feel you girl/boy.I was in a toxic friendship too and people tried to tell me the truth but I couldn’t see it. It seems like a lot of teenagers have this problem.Anyway,well done,I liked your post

not nice what she did to you.i hope you will feel better , btw great job

That was a very bad classmate, and she make you a difficult life. I like your vocabullary and how did you react to her action. You didn't revenge on her and you didn't scream like she did.
   I hope did you find finnaly an another real friend who help you when you need it. ;)

I totally get you. Toxic friends suck. But there is nothing we can do but learn from our mistakes and move on. You will find those friends that really deserve you and love you for who you are. I am 100% sure you are an amazing person and if someone you call "friend" uses you like that, they definitely aren't worthy of you. As for the text, I loved how much you transmitted your frustration, anger and all those feelings.
Great work and I can't wait to read more!

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » I realise I am such a fool