Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » A waste of time

A waste of time

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

Dear diary,

IDK. I don’t know what to do anymore. This has been an awfull day.
Let me explain. First of all, I was in the math class trying to focus on the new lesson because I am almost failing and if I don’t understand this I can just say bye to life. So, as I was  trying to focus, my deskmate, Lizza used her phone and showed me different photos that I don’t care about. I really wanted to tell her to stop but I just couldn’t. And not because I am nice to her or something like that; She is that popular girl that everyone likes so being her deskmate ( and her best friend) means my high school life is pretty good. Except for the fact that she is always treating me a liitle......... bad. Let’s just say bad. So I was trying to focus but she kept asking me things and I just couldn’t focus. Then the teacher came to see if we wrote down everything on the board. Of course, because she wasn’t paying attention, Lizza hadn’t saw the teacher coming right to her. When she finally noticed  it was too late. The teacher came and asked her what was she doing and why wasn’t listening. Then she stood up and said in the most innocent way possible that she was just reading some texts I sent her and that she wanted to pay attention but I kept asking her stupid question. So she couldn’t focus.
This was a lie. I looked at her......... no, I STARED  at her for almost a minute thinking why would she do that. I mean, she knows that this is a lie and that I need to pass this class. So I stood up and said this isn’t true. I just did it without thinking. I never felt that way before. It was a mixture of anger and saddnes. When I stood up, the teacher yelled a me for acting that way and Lizza was looking at me with disgust. We both sat down and as the bell ringed the teacher got out of the class telling us to come see him after hours.
There was just a little moment of silence, then I could hear Lizza just getting up and leaving. I don’t know why I reacted like that. I mean, it wasn’t fair but she is my friend. Or that’s what I tought. Anyway, after she has been gone for like 5 minutes she came back, she looked at me and then she started asking me why am I being like this and if I know in what trouble will she get and that sort of things. I wanted to respond to her, but I just stood there looking at her face. She was really mad but at the same time she was disgusted. Then she said that I should be sorry. This thing made me really angry. I looked her in the eyes and said: ” Why should I be sorry for ssomething I didn’t do?”. She was surprised by that. Then I started yelling. I said that it wasn’t my fault for what happened and I was dragged in this because of her. And she knew that I needed to pass this class but still blamed me for that. I can’t describe how the conversation went on, but in the end I started asking myself what our friendship means. Apparently nothing. I was just doing things for her for 3 years and she treated me unfairly. I don’t want to tal to her anymore or do anything for her. That’s it! Our friendship is over! I just regret the fact that I wasted so much time with her!

I know what having such a "friend" is like and I'm glad you managed to cut all ties with her. Also, I hope you found someone whose presence isn't as harmful. Your idea is pretty original  (I think) and the way you described all the nasty thing Lizza did makes it easy for me to picture them. Keep up the good work!

she done got scooped

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » A waste of time