Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » A vegetale market where I live

A vegetale market where I live

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

My neighbourhood is called "Mircea". It has a lot of grocery shops, drugstores, non-stop stores, but you have to walk a lot to get to the vegetable market. When I was little, I liked to go with my mother there. I help her with the bags, because she didn't have a car, advising her what to buy or just spending time togheter. Nowadays, I don't have enough time or patience, but my little sister does.
       My mom always says that fruits and vegetables are fresher in a vegetable market than they are in the stores. Me, mom and my sister go there every year, in the autumn season to buy products with which we will make food for the winter that will come (like jam, natural juice, sauces, pickles and zacusca). 
       A good thing about a vegetable markets is the price. The products are cheaper and better, but you have to be careful. There are sellers that want to fool you and change the price, that's why my mom walks through this place at least three times. Another plus is that you can find there whatever you want, besides vegetables and fruit. They have dairy products, meat, pans, cooking pots, brooms (made of straws) and other things for house, especially for kitcken.
      The worst thing is that people always come to the vegetable store, because they always need something from there, so it is always crowded. When I was a kid I lost my mom in that place for hundreds of times. Also, you can't trust anybody. If a gypsy comes to you and asking you to taste his tomatoes, trust me, you will have to buy them. You have to be careful to your pockets, your phone, your money, your bag, everything. 

Last edited by ABG23 (2019-01-29 08:29:31)

My mother does the same thing when I go to the vegetable market with her and I think it's a good thing. They can fool you very easy. I also help her with the bags when we go there and I am happy that I can do something to help her. Also, mothers enjoys when their kinds are doing nice things for them.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » A vegetale market where I live