Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » I realised I was such a fool

I realised I was such a fool

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Dear Diary,
  this is the first time I wrote to you. I want to tell you about a period of my life. When I was little, I always wanted a brother or a sister.
    One day, my parents came to me and told me that my mother was pregnant and I am going to have a little brother. In that moment I started to run though the house screaming happily. I was so impatient to meet him and in my mind were already creating moments and pictures of us playing with toys, making long walks and spending time together.
    Eventually he was brought home and nothing was like I imagined. Ye, he was very cute, but he was also so small. My parents was spending all the time taking care of him, starting ..... make me feel that they don’t love me anymore.
    As I grew up, my need of support and attention increased, but my parents weren’t there even for a talk, considering that I am mature and strong now.
    I remember once asking my parents to buy me the guitar I .......... always wanted, but they said that they can’t afford it because my brother is sick and they needed to buy him medicaments. I so angry, so disappointed that I simply gave up, packed some things and left the house. I tried to survive alone but, after three weeks, I returned home. When I came back at my house, my brother hugged me and brought me a big present. I opened it and saw that inside it’s the guitar I wanted.
    My eyes were watery and my mouth was trembling. I started crying and I realized that I am such a fool for considering him my enemy. I apologized and since then, I ........ see... my brother with other eyes, as my best friend. I realized how much my parents and my brother love me and how much they care about me. And I have greatly regretted my thinking and the way I made my parents feel for a while. At one point I wanted to commit suicide, but I had known it will be a negative example for my brother and it’s never the good solution. After all, I recovered from this negative mood and now I am enjoying my life with my brother.
     In the end, from my own experience, I can say that you shouldn’t never judge a book by it’s cover or let the anger to control you.
     Thanks you for listening me. I'll wrote again to you later.                                 
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Love, DEVeloper

Last edited by teacherovi (2019-01-22 12:51:32)

I totally understand what you meant, man!  I have younger siblings too and I have to admit, accepting their existence is very hard, even if you had dreamed about them for years. It’s really harsh, realizing that your parents have another human being to focus on. I liked the idea of a diary in your writing. You told the story very well, and I am glad that you mentioned your current state about the situation, it completed the whole story. I also liked the fact that you tried to send a message about this situation which occurs in many people’s lives. I can’t wait to read more from you!

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » I realised I was such a fool