Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » A day at home

A day at home

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

Dear Diary,

I spent my whole day at home. I can say I got the time to think about a lot of things, the majority of them not being important.
I got up around 11 o’clock, after a night of watching series on Netflix. I went downstairs, grabbed something to eat and checked my social media. After I changed my clothes and did my skin care routine I started to think about what should I do the rest of the day. Unfortunately the only idea I had is .......... doing my homework, but that wasn’t going to happen.
It was 1pm and I wasn’t hungry. I went into my room and listened to some music while cleaning it. My mom left an hour ago so I had the chance to do whatever I wanted. I enjoyed dancing around the house while “cleaning”. After an hour of organizing things around my room this activity wasn’t fun anymore. I had to do something else, like sitting on the couch and watching Friends on TV.
It was already 4pm and I literally felt like eating something, but I wanted something really good. Unfortunately I didn’t have anything special so my smartass mind thought about cooking. Long story short I’ve spent 2 hours trying to cook something and it was horrible. Why couldn’t I make a sandwich from the start? Don’t know. I’ve finished my very special meal and got back to watching TV.
At 7:30pm my mom got home. I’ve spent some time with her watching a movie, like I haven’t already watched TV the whole day, except those hours when I tried ....... cooking.
Around 10pm i went upstairs and took a hot shower, while listening to music. At 1am I went to bed, after checking my social media again.
That was my day at home, not as exciting as spending it with your friends but still fun.

Last edited by teacherovi (2018-09-25 12:34:06)

All the things that you said made me remember me when I am home alone.My conscience is telling me to do the homework, but my desires are leading me to have fun, but for sure I choose to have the time of my life.In contrast with you I usually do my homework at 11 12 pm as a result I go to bed pretty lite.I hope for you to cooks the better next time despite the fact that i am a horrible cook.  :glasses:

Hi Blossom. I've had my fair share of days like that (by the way, I love "Friends", I have watched all 10 seasons on Netflix this summer). As the summer began, I had no idea what to do. After a week of laying around doing nothing productive I restarted drawing, painting and playing the piano. I even learned how to do caramel cream (even though I finished all sugar in the house by the time I got it right). I had some guests and I had a summer-band, as i like to call it, with some friends. The point is that I restrarted doing stuff that I love, I restarted being productive. Sometimes laying around too much gets me much more tired than work.

Last edited by marypoppins (2019-09-30 20:09:25)

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » A day at home