Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Life lessons » Dear Diary (1)

Dear Diary (1)

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

20th of January, 2018
Dear Diary,
For today I planned out to write about something that has happened to me recently or better yet, something that I took part in. I’m going to get onto the subject: on the 20th of January I felt two major feelings: disgust and happiness. I was really morose because some of my friends did not want to join my cause, our country’s cause and it occur..... to me the strange feeling that I do not know how to choose my friends because most of the time I feel left alone. Anyways, let’s focus on the bright side: the minute I set foot on Stephen the Great Avenue and joined the people who were there for quite some time, I forgot all this irrational anger and suddenly, even if I did not know anyone I just stopped feeling alone, cause it was then when I realized that I was not alone. We were there united by our hopes, by our wishes and dreams for a better tomorrow (cliché, yes, I know). It is pretty ‘amazing’ what corruption can do, isn’t it? I was not thinking about how cold it was, beyond that I was admiring those who were showing their discontent in a nonthreatening way and staged this walkout because they believe in how much we can change if we put our mind to it. It is only a matter of choice. I have never felt this kind of happiness and peace. I got the feeling that I was exactly where I should be. It overwhelmed me. I cannot put it into words, but as a final confession I have to say that for the very first time in a while I knew that I was doing the right thing. To be continued…
XOXO

Last edited by teacherovi (2018-01-26 21:58:51)

The most dangerous development here is that you might get utterly disappointed and give up on beautiful values, places and people, even give up on yourself. If you do give up, it will only be because you have not known how to manage your faith and your enthusiasm. So be wise. How? Not so easy. By proving you can make your ideals into a long-term lifestyle, by ensuring that you can be sophisticated and wisely modest even when surrounded by mediocre people who have given up hope or who have even compromised with corruption. Is this possible? Yes, for two reasons: 1. your values are strong and realistic; 2. those mediocre people actually have many beautiful sides to them, if only you have the intelligence to discover them and cultivate them and show your appreciation for them. Enjoy!

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Life lessons » Dear Diary (1)