Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Life lessons » That question - Journal page 2

That question - Journal page 2

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

25th of February 2018

Dear Diary,
Lately I was absent. I have not written anymore. I have not read. I have not seen movies, serials; not even documentaries about the cats that I love so much. My life has become a continuous monotony that I madly dislike and that makes me want more and more that these three months will quickly and efficiently drain away. The school and the exams are obsessing me.
Still, I found the power to have a quiet Sunday with my sister. This Sunday was different. I felt different. I suddenly felt more mature.
I chose to go out with my sister for a walk through the city's Botanical Garden. It's my favorite place in the world - although I have not yet visited another country. It is my favorite place because it is so peaceful and full of nature, full of green, lively. I used to walk quite often with my sister, but lately, we both had things that kept us occupied: I - school, school and school again - and her - college, service and ... a future family .
As we walked silently across the alley near the greenhouse with exotic plants, she asked me a surprising question that left me a little confused. I looked at her, and I hesitated for a few moments, then I answered her briefly. She asked me what I would do after she would not live with us, our family, and I answered her honestly:  “I do not know yet.”. Well, I'm glad I will not share the room with her and, finally, I'll have enough space for me and my five cats,but that does not mean I will not miss her.
From that moment on, I remained connected to that question. It's like my whole universe will be guided by the answer to that simple question. I feel that the answer to that question was not only about her, but about everything that would change later in my life. The uncertainty of a safe future keeps me trapped in time, and it also gives me a new reality: I'm no longer a little sister. This frightens me more than anything and makes me feel a weight over my shoulder - that kind of soul weight that thickens your voice to annoyance and sets you up in action.
I felt at that moment that in that complete silence, in that ambiguous smell of various plants, a new self - a perhaps more independent one - was born.

I’ll write you soon,
Casper

what you wrote here has depth: your diary page is full of honesty and true feelings. I like that you express all the raw thoughts that go thruough your mind. you have a very mature and philosophical aproach in what you wrote.

I really like how you approach the problem. Indeed, it is a unique, simple but comprehensive way.  This question helped you to realize that you have matured, highlighting the fact that time passes irreversible. All the best!

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Life lessons » That question - Journal page 2