Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unusual » Parents should pay children for their school results

Parents should pay children for their school results

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Education is a very important part of a person's life, representing the beginning of the training for the future career. Nowadays, choosing a prestigious school has become a necessity, and parents coerce their children to get involved in many school activities, but also have good grades. Does grades really show the intelligence of a student?
I believe that parents shouldn’t pay children for their school results for a number of reasons.
Firstly, the school results don’t truly reflect the intelligence of a student. School results are the level of training of a student on a particular subject within a short period of time. The true intelligence is the long-term fixed information, not those accumulated to pass an exam and forgotten shortly after it.
Secondly, children should realize that the school efforts they are making are in their interests, not of parents. By giving children rewards for good school results, it will induce the idea that their effort made for study is a favour for their parents and for which they must be rewarded. Thereby, they do not realize the true value of the study, namely personal development.
Admittedly, many parents consider this a good method because they are able to motivate their children to make more effort. However, children need to be aware that they learn to get to discover themselves. Also, they have to realize that a good or bad mark does not represent a person's level of intelligence, long-term results do.
In conclusion, I believe that parents shouldn’t pay children for their school results because that's how are induced wrong ideas regarding the importance of grades and interest in the study.

Hello there! I think you are right: our grades don't define our intelligence. There are a lot of students that get a lot of bad grades, but who know much more things than those who always get good grades! I think we shouldn't concern so much on our grades because they don't say so much about us. As for paying children for their results, I believe it's not the best idea because it won't motivate children for a long time, being just a short-term solution.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unusual » Parents should pay children for their school results