Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Wonderful » An admirable person

An admirable person

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

One of the persons that I admire in  a certain manner is my aunt, who could let go of every known and familiar thing to her to accept an opportunity of a lifetime, in a country that she only heard about on TV.

She wasn’t a good student when she was a child, but at high school, she discovered that she liked the medical field, especially taking part in a surgical procedure, so she became an operating nurse and not just a nurse, but one of the best. And one day, she and her team got the offer to move to a little town in the north of Germany, in one of the best pediatric cardiology clinics in Europe. I think it’s a very hard step to make, especially if you are not young anymore. And what she did was more than brave. She didn’t know the language, the country or even where the town was on the map. She went recklessly ahead hoping that everything would turn up  fine and it did. Of course, it took her quite a few years to adapt and to learn a new language, not to say that  German is not so easy to comprehend, but in the end, she made a really nice living there and a group of friends, an amazing  job and she loves it.

I strongly believe that success comes after those who risk something, who go out of their comfort zone and like to experiment a little bit and see what could happen. This is what I saw in my aunt and what inspires me to see out of the box, the reason I admire her. She has shown me that going beyond the ordinary and the day-to-day life is always a good thing, even if you fail. Because in the end, it helps us grow more.

Last edited by summerwish (2018-01-26 10:55:31)

I am very glad that you value your aunt so much, because I also have one that I am  proud of. Most of all I love her for simplicity, for her attitude and desire to do great things. Reading this I remembered it and now I would like to embrace it, but she is too far away. I hope you will become the person you want to be despite all the failures. Good luck!

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Wonderful » An admirable person