Dear Sir,
   I am writing to you with referance to my experience at .........[experienta mea la] your restaurant on Saturday, the 13th of November ..........[in data de] . I want to tell you I would like to inform you that I was not at all satisfied with the services offered by your restaurant and I am going to tell you why in the following situations.
   Firstly, the food you serve is not good horrible; at least the chicken soup ordered by me had no taste. I think you do not use enough salt and do not cook the food properly, especially meat. The meat from in the soup was raw and the the its colour was not quite right. Nor Neither my boyfriend's roast chicken was not well cooked.
   Secondly, your staff is very rude and it it moves very slowly. The waiter came and took our order only after half an hour after we sat down at the table. I do not even talk about bringing the order; total lack of respect! The first time I ordered caviar with seafood and after twenty minutes the waiter told me that the caviar was just over. We have have overlooked this aspect and we decided to order chicken soup and steak. These were brought to us after an hour. Furthermore, my soup was cold and I do not go to the restaurant to eat reheated food. How could that be?
   All things considered, I am sorry I had to complain about your restaurant, but I had no choice[prea emotional - doar rezuma problemele] the food is terrible and is not served on time. For the good functioning of your restaurant, I hope you can fix the problems and make your staff more efficient.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Respectfully, Sweetie57

Last edited by Sweetie57 (2018-01-26 10:20:19)