I have heard of mothers getting negative comments and nasty looks when breastfeeding in public.This is really sad.When someone sees a nursing animal they will say”oh,how cute!”Shouldn’t a nursing baby get the same reaction(if any at all)?Bestides a nursing baby should be much more welcome then a screaming baby who needs to eat.I know so many nursing moms who have gotten really nice comments from surrounding passengers on airplanes for example.Also breastfeeding in public is not illigal and is not indecent exposure-anywhere.Many states have laws expressly saying this.Some moms even carry a copy of the law in their bag.
      On one hand,in many countries you're legally entitled to breastfeed in any place open to the public, and there are laws to protect breastfeeding mums. If you're unsure about what the breastfeeding in public laws are where you live, try doing some online research- government or public health websites are a good place to start- or speak to your healthcare professional Otherwise, you could ask local mums or nearby friends and relatives about what their experiences have been. Their responses may surprise you. If you're breastfeeding your baby in public and someone complains. you could politely remind them of your legal rights. If you feel that a business, such as a shop or cafe has discriminated against you by asking you not to breastfeed, you may be able to make an official complaint. again depending on how you feel and the laws where you live.
      On the other hand,this concept of breastfeeding in public is not accepted by some people even if you are legally entitled to breastfeed in any place.I read an article online about this subject i was pretty surprised. On January 8, 2013, Rebecca Garcia was breastfeeding her 8 month old son in one of the courtrooms at the Chula Vista Courthouse. When her son started to fuss, the bailiff, Deputy Chong, approached Rebecca and asked what she was doing. When Rebecca said she was breastfeeding, Deputy Chong stated loudly, in front of the entire courtroom, "You should be ashamed of yourself, it's inappropriate, you need to leave and go outside do that somewhere else private, and it is illegal to breastfeed in court!"Reading that article I assumed that most people knew that breastfeeding in public was legal but apparently some people don’t.
      In conclusion I think that breastfeeding in public shoud be considered a normal thing,and all people should know it’s legal.