So, my uncle called once and invited me to have dinner with him and my aunt........... . What he didn't think to tell me, however, was that that was going to be a family reunion (more exactly, an unofficial family reunion).

He came to pick me up and in the car was, to my surprise, my grandmother. From what I remember my grandfather had been hospitalized and she was going to spend the night at my uncle's. On our way to his appartment, we stopped by a shop so he could buy some stuff that was needed for my aunt to be able to make dinner. She was making pizza. While waiting for him, my grandmother and I talked a bit, mostly about school and what I was going to do after finishing high school.

After we arrived at his appartment my grandmother decided to take a shower, so it was just me, my uncle and my aunt (which, for the sake of simplicity, I'll simply call F and A, F being the uncle and A the aunt) That is, until there was a knock at the door and my other aunt and uncle, along with their godson, came ........  in, which was another surprise. . Which was another surprise. [uneste propozitiile] I haven't hadn't seen them in years. We all sat at the table and started talking. Well To be precise, they did the talking while I was mostly looking at my aunt. Until then I didn't realize how similar she and my mom looked.

No one stopped even when the pizza was ready, but A decided to leave soon after. The rest of the night was a blur of laughs, stories (some of which included my mother when she was a child) and generally having a good time.

F and his godson left at around 11PM, and the rest of us decided to call it a night soon after. I ended up sharing the couch with my grandmother, since we all agreed that it was too late for me to leave.

Last edited by Diana Banana (2019-06-10 15:34:16)