Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » Festival.

Festival.

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

OK, so I've only went to a festival once and so I feel obligated to talk about it in this composition.

It was this year, 3 March (cause that's when Hinamatsuri is every year), in The Hall of Lost Steps (or whatever it may be in English. So, in sort, Hinamatsuri is a spring festival in Japan which mainly celebrates girls and is widely known as The Doll Festival. So, the whole thing was in tis giant hall filled with foreign things to buy, as well as a lot of traditional handmade stuff. When my sisters and I got there it was still quite early so we decided we'd all dress up in yukata, traditional japanese spring wear and we bought ourselves some real nice stuff ( i bought myself a calligraphy brush from Korea and a fan painted the traditional Japanese way). The festival started off with traditional dances performed by Himawari (the asociation which organised the whole thing) volunteers.

Then followed traditional tea ceremony, which, afterwards, I nearly knew how to perform. There was a stall somewhere in the hall which really appealed to me. It wasn't anything taller, bigger or greater than the others but it was, by far, my favourite. A stall filled with museum worthy traditional things. There was an Oiran makeup box which looked quite complex as well as a Hinamatsuri doll pyramid which was just so pretty.

Well,we left quite early so I don't have much more to say, especially that it's hard to talk about something astonishing without using the word every line. So, this was my experience at my first festival. ........ Can't wait to go next year agin.

Last edited by teacherovi (2019-06-05 12:42:54)

Honestly, this sounds like lots of fun (and it most likely is if you plan on going again).
As someone interested in different culutres, I really hope I will someday get the chance to visit the festival.
It's a shame, really, that you had to leave early but I'm glad you got the chance to experience that.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » Festival.