There was this teacher I had once. Nice enough lady, in my opinion, but undeniably weird.

She was either in her 50s or in her 60s, I'm not exactly sure since I'm horrible when it comes to guessing ages. She had dark red hair, many wrinkles, and was very skinny. She always wore this red coat and had a scarf over her hair. If not a scarf then she'd wear a red beret. Usually she'd also wear a pair of red suit pants.

She always looked equally tired and bored, and when she talked she had this monotone........... sounding voice that can only be acquired if you're an a 1000 years old being. Every time she spoke her voice was somewhere between a whisper and an indoor voice, which got me to pay close attention every time she spoke, so as to not miss something important, so check and mate, I guess? At least she gets her students to listen.

Still, that's not what got me to think she was weird. I mean, sure, it was odd, but I didn't think of it as THAT weird. No, what truly got me to think of her as weird heppened took place when I participated at in an Olympiad about in the course she was teaching. We were at the Inspectorat, waiting for my mother to meet us since she had some work there and asked if she could come with us on the bus.

She, the teacher, had this thing that looked kind of like a troller but wasn't. In it she had god knows what, all I know is that it included a rain cape. It looked like she ........... had planned a week long vacation in the city, and, if I didn't know better I'd think she actually had planned that. Then, the cherry on the cake: as we were waiting for my mother (me, her, a classmate and a kid from another class) she just reached inside her not-troller and took a jar of soup and a spoon and started to eat from it.

That, ladies and gentlemen, was when I realized exactly how unusual my teacher-at-the-time was. Which, I admit, didn't change much between us.

Last edited by Diana Banana (2019-06-10 15:39:50)