Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » That one time I burned my foot

That one time I burned my foot

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

At first I didn't really think much of it. I qas in the kitchen, baking donuts, when I accidentally spilled some boiling oil on my foot. Sure, it hurt a bit, but it wasn't like it was the first time I got burned. My mother took over a minute or two after, clearly in a foul mood, so I took my leave as fast as I could. It wasn't until later that I realized there was burn relief spray in the kitchen, but by then the pain I felt was reduced to just an ache, so I didn't see a reason behind using the spray then.

The next day I didn't think much of what ............ had happened. My foot was red, and there was this annoying ache I felt every time I made a step, but otherwise everything was fine.

It wasn't until two days after the incident that I realized that everything was, in fact, NOT fine. It was the first day of school and my foot hurt like hell every time I moved it. I was walking with a limp. When I got home and (finally!) took my shoes and socks off I finally saw the results of my clumsiness: taking the form of what I can only describe as "splash", there were two giant blisters on taking up around 80% of my foot. It was then that I knew that until my foot was healed I would be going through hell.

It wasn't until around three weeks later that it finally healed. The first week was absolute hell, every time I stopped walking there was this unbearable ache I felt, every first steps I took after having sit sat down or stopped walking were somehow even worse, and even when actually walking the ache still lingered. I only got a break when sitting in bed. The second week was bearable, since I got this awesome solution for burns from my uncle. The third week was when my foot completely healed. Unfortunately, it left a mark.

On the bright side, I don't think I'll forget to use the burn relief spray ever again.

Last edited by Diana Banana (2019-06-10 15:40:36)

Wow, I did not know a burn could cause so much trouble! I have burn relief spray too but I do not use it everytime I get burned, but I think now I will, knowing what can happen.
I liked the story, it is well done and your english is good. Good work and keep going!

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » That one time I burned my foot