Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » Material prosperity vs spiritual fulfilment

Material prosperity vs spiritual fulfilment

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

People think about their careers from the beginning of their lives. Since childhood, each of you thought about being a singer, a doctor, a ballerina or even a cosmonaut, but these dreams ............ do not always become true. This happens because as a child you think only about what you would like to do and don't pay attention to other characteristics, like material prosperity or the huge workload............. that must be done. As time passes, you start thinking more rationally and the incomes become a powerful influence in making choices about your future.
       In the first place, it's very important to like your job in order to improve your progress day by day and in this way to feel emotionally fulfilled. As the job takes the greatest part of our lives, it's the most important choice we are making regarding our future so we need to pay attention not only at on the incomes, but also at the opportunities this job can offer us, the possibility of getting it after your degree. Not least, you need to be sure this one will satisfy your desires and you'll like it in the way it will give you more pleasure than stress.
      But if we analyse this question from the other point of view, the incomes are also very important. On the one hand, a low-paid job can satisfy your spiritual fulfilment but, on the other hand, it can never provide you a bright future or a good life, because the lack of money can make you feel more stressed, demoralized and even depressed. Moreover, it causes family problems and misunderstandings between members and so all your personal fulfilment just equals to zero.
     You should make a choice based not only on what you would like to do, but also on the incomes which otherwise maintain your life on this planet. I think the right thing would be to choose something between, even if the job which is suitable for you isn't the job of your dreams, it should be at least matching with your personality and the things you like. For example, if you were good at such subjects like chemistry and biology at school, you could devote yourself to medicine. Even if playing on the piano and singing were closer to your heart, you can make it your hobby in order to relax and feel more emotionally comfortable.
      In conclusion, in choosing a job you need to follow your heart, but at the same time you shouldn't take away your rationality. The Things need to be balanced. Matter-of-course money is very important, but this decision should be also guided by your heart in order to live a happy life doing what you like and don't not to waste it only on making money.

Last edited by yimsik (2019-05-31 10:10:47)

Hey. I liked your essay very much. I think it hit the subject from many different angles. I think that, also, we should focus more on our happiness and try to be grateful for what we have because if you keep wanting more and more and more and not giving yourself some credit for what you do, it could make you become materialistic or even depressed. I agree on what you said, that we should find balance but I think we have to focus more about what's inside us and if money is exactly what we need to be happy.  :cool:

Hello!! I like your essay! It is very organised and I think you have a mature thinking! If you like to sing, to dance, it is better to be just a hobby, not a career. Maybe money don’t make you to be happy, but they offer many opportunities: you can feed your kid, your animal, you can travell all around the world!

Last edited by bombonica28 (2019-05-24 08:18:40)

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » Material prosperity vs spiritual fulfilment