Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » How Some People In Iasi Broke The Law

How Some People In Iasi Broke The Law

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

We live in those days which even police is breaking the law. For instance, once i heard a story told by a graphic designer who was walking with her girlfriend down the street and a police officer harassed him because he kissed her girlfriend. The police officer told him that it is not appropriate to kiss in front of children, but there were no children around. He was screaming at that poor couple, and he was threatening him that he was going to get a big fine.
One of his friends, One day later, he received the death threat for riding a bike in a crosswalk. Then the police officers handcuffed him, took his papers, and the phone, and they threw him behind the car. They seemed very comfortable with the situation like it was their routine. It's crazy how many wrong things can happen in only one city, and the fact that you can't do anything about it it's even crazier.
We need to do something for this country, we need to change because otherwise we will be stucked in this whole mess, and we won't have any other way back. Honestly, until we won't get rid of old people we won't be able to change anything.

Wow, I can't believe that someone, most importantly, a policeman, would do something like that, and you're right: it's crazy! And I totally agree with you about our living country... Yes, for now, we are experiencing a tough time, a very very tough time... The people from whom we're expecting to want the best for us, for Romania, are totally selfish. After that, you know, there will be some people that would say that, in such circumstances, we can't be expecting for something better from the rest of the population... And here appears OUR truly problem: our way to defence the bad. I just think that we became, or we're about to become, a bunch of pessimist people, because we feel that there's no hope for us, when it's exactly the opposite...
WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD! (If we really want to.)  :jumping:

It is hard for me to believe this but if it really happens is not ok at all. I like that you are a pearson witch still has hope for this country. The change begins with you!

Hi there! I completely agree with you about policemen abusing their power being unfair. It has to stop. But it's not like all policeman are like that. There are also good people that care about the citizens of this city. And also, about "until we get rid of old people we won't be able to chanfe anything", I'm not sure that's true. There are many elderly people that are nice and open minded. It's just that the "mean ones" are foar much more noticeable, so they're taken as the majority.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » How Some People In Iasi Broke The Law