Over the years, physical punishment has been one of the most used methods of educating children all over the world. Though it may be frownedupon by many, especially in the last decades, minor corporal disciplining methods are legal in almost every country and sell widely used. It is my personal belief that there are many other methods of installing respect and the right morals into one’s own children and that corporal punishment should almost never be used.To start off, it is generally believed that these kinds of methods teach the child to respect the parent and their authority. It may work in some cases, however, I personally believe that such respect should not be built on the fear of being punished. Many psychologists claim that the best non-violent way of setting good morals is through example. It has been proven over and over again that role-models have a great positive impact on children and how they behave. Mischief and bad behavior will most likely still occur occasionally, but it should be treated with empathy and understanding.Secondly, there are many cases of children educated through physical punishment that end up having permanent psychological issues when they mature. Such consequences arise even in the case of minor but repeated punishment such as spanking. Children may grow up developing anxiety, anger issues and even antisocial behavior. As long as many other options exist and have been proven to be more successful at safely educating one’s children than corporal disciplining, I personally think there is no need to use it and risk damaging their mental health.To conclude, minor physical punishment will still be widely used by many parents in the belief that it is the most efficient way of educating their children, but I believe that they are in no way necessary and that non-violent methods will raise the best adults.