Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Life lessons » Is it better to point out friends failings than to kindly ignore them?

Is it better to point out friends failings than to kindly ignore them?

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Is it better to point out friends failings than to kindly ignore them?
         [adauga o introducere - context, istoric, tendinte] Nowadays, true friendship is becoming increasingly rare. The truth is that everyone sees their personal interest first and forgets about the really important things like a friend. So, friendship is an important part of our lives which gives us the opportunity to share feelings, experiences, and thoughts with others.But, it depends on the friends you are surrounded yourself with . if they are with you for who you are, they will support you no matter your failings or accomplishments and they will be with you through all of them, but if they stay by your side only when you are doing good and will coward out when you get in a rough spot, they’ll just probably laugh at your failings and leave you alone when you need someone the most.
         I personally tend to be true to my friends, try to help and support them when I can, but I can surely spot the other kind of “friends” too, kind that I try to cut out fromof my life.
         First of all, you need to know the friend you talk to about failings or accomplishments, you need to know how he might react to constructive criticism, how open he is to receiving your advice and how truly is he a good friend to you, otherwise you pointing out his mistakes might do him more harm than any good.
         Although sometimes it’s better not to intervene in anyone’s business, in many cases anyone wants a friend whom they can trust, and with whom they can get through failings, after all, a true friend will point out your mistake, maybe make a joke to cheer you up, and then proceed with helping you solve your problem.
         FinallyIn conclusion, in my opinion pointing out failings of your friends it’s is good, as long as you help them fix what they did wrong , and not point it out just to make them feel bad about it.

Last edited by Stefan01 (2019-06-08 13:33:07)

I agree that for a person, the most important thing is to have someone reliable, a person who will tell you the truth even if it is not always a good one. It is true that it is more comfortable not to receive reproaches, but more important is to be aware of your mistakes so you can solve them, so it is important to have close friends who will attract your attention when you do something wrong.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Life lessons » Is it better to point out friends failings than to kindly ignore them?