Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » Disease

Disease

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

There was a crazy scientist called Edmund, who believed in supernatural. He studied very much and hard. He was obsessed with his research and didn't stop until he found what he was looking for.
          He invented a portion who should increase the human strength, speed and give them something that they don't have, a superpower.
          After he successfully made it he needed a subject to see if it is safe for humans. The first living being who tested the serum was a cute, small and white rabbit.
           After showing a positive result the scientist run to the meeting room to tell everyone what he discovered. The only mistake that he made was that he left the rabbit unwatched and the inocent creature, obviously not intentionally, overturned some sugar in the scientist's portion.
          After a long talk with the council, Edmund received approval to sell the portion, but not every one could take it, only the special forces for the start.
          But not long after the injection, the people started acting strange. They grew up, their eyes were light blue, the hair was dark blue and they had blue-green lips, their skin was white, they looked very thin. They started attacking people and before Edmund could be sentenced they killed their creator. Now everyone lost their hope and locked themselves in their houses. But the monsters weren't stupid like the zombies, plus that they were very strong and fast too, they were able to broke into the people houses and kill them. Actually, after a while they were growing in number, and so it was found out that they didn't kill the outhers, they transformed the normal people in monsters like them.
          They were getting clever by the day, and soon they could split cold air, throw ice from their hands, everything (except for the living beings) they touch transformed into ice. So they were called Ice monsters. (I know, the title isn't very interesting nor original, but nobody tried too hard to name this creatures)

Last edited by Sparkly mermaid (2019-04-23 16:05:18)

I really like your story. I think that the story is too scary but anyway I like it very much. It has a climax and it's very interesting what happend and that the monsters spread up over the whole world and that they could split cold air. I also want to say that I like the name that you invented for them.

I really like your story and I think your idea was really original and different. While I was reading it I was thinking that your story could turn really fast into a scarry one which it makes it more fun to read and interesting because you didn't know what to expect from it. The name is very unique and offers an attempt at a mystery to the story.

It's really interesting that this is what you imagined as a "disease". I am not saying it's wrong but rather unique :)
But isn't that what Edmund wanted all along? He was looking for a potion to give people superpowers, and he found it!! Nobody said that those will not become evil monsters that what to conquer the world. After all, that's what having a lot of power does, it changes people, be it a good change or a bad one.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » Disease