Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » Foodcourt

Foodcourt

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

On weekends I usually go out with my best friend. We don't always go out to eat (because we fight on who's gonna pay), but we do like to do it once in a while. There is this place in both of the malls of this town, so when we are near by, we go there. We actually hate malls wholeheartedly, but somehow we always end up there.
So we were at this table, in front of a noodle's place. We planned to eat there, but there was a delightful kfc smell coming from the other side of the foodcourt, and I, personally, could't resist the temptation and I gave in.
I told my friend to wait there while I go order something for myself, and that she could start eating before I returned if she was hungry. After all, kfc is a busy place, and I waste a lot of time waiting in line everytime I go.
Once in line, I took my phone out, to kill some time until it was my turn to order. Some kid in front of me was choosing the toy he wanted from some special kids' pack, and it just happen..........d to find him terribly annoying from the first 2 minutes I was there. I let his obnoxious loud voice and his temper to slide, because oh well, he was a kid indeed. Some time past by, around 6 to 7 minutes, and this goddamn one hell of a kid pushed his mother in the counter and started to yell at her for refusing to buy him extra fries. Everyone was kind of surprised with his behaviour, but nobody said anything out loud. Althought I could .................. his whispers coming from behind me. Not even 10 minutes later, the same kid slapped his mother's back repeatedly with his little gross sweaty hands whining for the same reason. His whines turned once again into screams that were making my head explode. What was this kids' problem, for god's sake.
Thankfully, the fastfood's staff came to address the problem about the kid, telling both him and his mom that they needed to leave if the kid didn't stop disturbing the others. The mom humbly apologised for her son, and tried to control him. She managed to, for a couple of seconds, before that little piece of something started to cry again. The mother took her son by the arm, lifted his little body in the air and left the ordering line. I felt so good that that kid was not going to get the food he wanted. He didn't deserve it. Screaming, pushing and slapping your mother should't be rewarded. He embarassed is mom and made a scene. I felt bad for that woman.
AND this whole thing made my order take longer to be proccesed, which is never good, more so when my best friend is waiting for me, and probably finished two bowls of noodles.

Last edited by teacherovi (2019-06-05 14:22:59)

It is truly sad that this happens more and more, in public and who knows, maybe in private too. I began to notice this past year how 4-year-olds shout at their parents - mother and father - for not giving them what they want. For me, it is really disappointing seeing this happen, because children should be what grown-ups usually aren't: patient, loving, caring, innocent, understanding. We used to take examples from them... What happened?
It is really unfortunate you had to see that :(

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » Foodcourt