Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unusual » Describe how some people dress

Describe how some people dress

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Some time ago my friends and I decided to go on a trip in a remote and quiet place. We chose Vancouver city of Canada. We stayed at a hotel near the city center. We went to various restaurants, art exhibitions, and made a tour of the city. During this excursion, I had the pleasure of seeing people around me and seeing other people than I am accustomed to.
      Most people looked very quiet and carefree. They were hippies. Some men had longer hair than women, and even though I noticed and some who had beards decorated with daisies, they looked very good. The girls around were dressed in vogue dresses, sandals without a heel and a lot of accessories, bracelets, necklaces, and some tattoos. Almost no one lacked those rounded glasses. And the most seen model was floral, everywhere. Blouses, dresses, jackets, shirts,  t-shirts are all very colorful and with many models. They have wavy and messy hair or wear their hair in braids.
          But how did this style begin to appear? Well.. Hippie was originally a youth movement that started in the United States during the mid-1960s and spread to other countries around the world. It was a movement that followed ideals of peace, freedom and love.
         Their style is, following their ideals, kind of poor and their clothes are handmade or bought in thrift shops. Which to me is seems cool. I think I'd like to try, at least for a week, to dress like that.

Last edited by teacherovi (2019-06-09 07:02:27)

I think this style is one of the most beautiful! It can be noticed that the people who approach it are very kind and altruistic, being isolated from all the negative energies. What I liked most about your story was the fact that you also did a little history about the origin of this style. Plus, I think it would be interesting to get dressed like this for a few days and to feel positive energy and feel freer.I wish you good luck! 8-)  :cool:

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unusual » Describe how some people dress