Families can be difficult. Every member from a familly can be so different from one another, but yet, we are all brought by a single main force: love. And even through the worst of times, we remember that we are family, and we shouldn't stay mad at one another. That being said, that doesn't mean arguments won't happen. People disagree with certain subjects, and that's completly fine, but sometimes those arguments can get though.
The most reocuring argument is my father's inability to control how much alcohol he drinks at familly gatherings or parties. My mom disagress with him doing that, but he still does it, albeit, he tries to control himself whenever he notices she is upset, but usually fails. This makes me kind of scared whenever alcohol gets involved in any of those events as I know dad won't lay down on some whiskey and wine, and mom drinks too, but unlike him, she stays controlled. I just know that after a while dad is gonna start acting weird which depending on how the night goes, it determines how heated the argument after is. The more wild he becomes, the more upset she is, and more screams will be cried out. What is scary is that I usually pick up on how much dad drinks depending on his behavior, and I am always afraid of what he could do, if mom notices, and the worst of all is having to listen them arguing once it's done, repeating the same things again, hoping that there will be a change one day. I feel so powerless, as I am never included in their dispute, and always have to be just a standby and listen while they're mentally breaking each other and it rips my soul.
Thankfully, these arguments seem to happen less and less as time goes. My dad is slowly learning his lesson after all those repeated verbal fights, and I am really happy for him and for mom as she won't have to watch out for him as much. Yes, the arguments have happened and will probably still happen in the future as they are kinda inevitable, but they survive through each and every one of them, making our bonds stronger every time.