You'd think spending a whole day by yourself at home would be boring, right? Well, not if you are me.
It was a rainy sunday, both of my parents were at work, and the weather blocked me from doing anything outside. So there I was, just me, alone in my apartement, thinking of ways to waste time. Looking around my room, I realised that there are many things just laying around that I never really use. So I went ahead and did some searching, and found quite a few interesting objects. As any bored 15 year old would do, I started playing with them, one by one, getting bored by each in about 30 minutes depending on how much I liked it. First I bounced this small jumping ball around the room but quickly realised that I am gonna break stuff with it so I put it back in its place, never to be used again until the next big boredom hits. Then I found something straight out of my childhood. It was a colouring book meant for 3 to 6 year olds, but oh boy was I about to do some art with that thing. I fill the ridicolously happy animals in the book with the wrong colours, as where is the fun in following the rules?
Time seemed to fly as I wasted it with every object that appeared semi-interesting in the room, but a certain one caught my attention. It was a "Kendama", a japanese skill-toy that brought me some painful memories of my middle school years. Everyone in my class had one, and how could I be left out? After I begged my mom to buy me the thing, I only played with it for around 3 days and then just left it on the shelf, sitting there, a prime example of throwing money out of the window. I still remember bringing it to school to seem cool, but failing to do even the most basic of the tricks. Ah, I am having a headache just writing this down. I never got skilled with it of course, but I tried doing some tricks with it, and realised that I still cannot do anything with it. I left it back on the shelf, but now it was used slightly more, making it less of a waste of money.
After I was done with all of that, I just opened my phone and looked at random videos on youtube. My parents returned home and predictably said "Did you stay on the phone the entire time we were gone?" I tried to say no, but they wouldn't listen. If only they knew....

Last edited by Edgyguy (2019-01-27 21:40:41)