Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » An argument in the family

An argument in the family

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

I think it is normal sometimes to have an argument in the family, because everyone has their own opinions that they support.
     Yesterday, at dinner I was playing on my phone instead of eating, unnoticing the mother's angry eyes looking at me. After putting her fork loudly on the table, she stretched her hand to reach my
phone and she pulled it out of my hand. Then gave it to my father who was also looking angry at me from the other end of the table. In that moment I raised my voice a little , asking for my phone
back. Mom told me that I spend to much time on my phone and that’s why she will take it away from me. Of course that I denied telling her that she has no right to do this to me. And, like an angry
teenager I I got up from the table without a word heading myself to my room. My mom just stood there ,ending to eat, completely ignoring my behaveour.
     In the morning she gave my phone back only on the condition of reducing the time spent on it.

I think the problem in this case was with you. I understand that through your mobile phone you talk to colleagues, friends. But we also have to make time for our family, so every time you have the opportunity leave the phone aside for 5 minutes and listen to your father as a childhood memory story or help your mother wash the dishes. Family is the most important gift that life gives us.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » An argument in the family