How can I even begin explaining what just happened? I am so shocked, so humiliated, but I think I kind of needed this to bring me down from my high pedestal. I am conflicted. I don't know what to even feel, should I be sad? Should I take it as a lesson? I have no idea. I am wasting enough time with expressing my emotions though, so how about we get into the juicy details of the story that made me humble?
The sun was setting low as I was getting myself ready for the upcoming prom in just 1 hour. I was shining bright with confidence, I was beautiful, I was funny, I was charismatic, I could do it all and no one would stand out more than me(well, I did stand out the most, but the way I did was disgraceful). I had a suit on, complete with a tuxedo, a nice little bowtie, and the finest pair of pants and shoes. "This is so gonna be my night" I thought as I left my house and went on my way to the prom.
I reach the ballroom and as soon as I enter, all eyes were on me. Except, they we're not. I thought everyone was looking at my fabolous presence, but they were actually looking at Fredd, the "class clown" who was making some real moves. "I can do way better than that" I said as I faced him. "Show me what you got" said Fredd. Fredd steps back, and now the eyes are actually on me, ready to see me do the best dance performance in the world. Well, it definetly is the best dance performed by an idiot. There was a reason Fredd was busting those complicated and somewhat silly moves. He was wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants, which let him move freely without trouble. I try dancing, but any move I do, the clothes I wear limit me. As I dance and notice people are not impressed, I force myself to do more dynamic moves, but it backfires horribly. Not only do my pants get a giant rip right in the middle, making my pink underwear(*sighs*) seenable to the everyone there, my tuxedo's buttons jumped off as if they just got sick of my annoying person, and the worst of all, my crush sees this whole event unfold. I instantly leave the building, as I hear the crowd laughing to death, with tears in my eyes as I never felt such humiliation.
But to be quite honest, I had it coming. I was too confident for my own good. My "good looks" and "funny personality" meant nothing compared to Fredd, who wasn't trying almost at all to look good, still got attention just by being himself and actually being a funny person. I should have just let him have the spotlight, and I should have just minded my own buisness, and perhaps could have even got a chance to dance with my crush, but my terrible mentality lead me to this, and I realized just how much of a fool I was.

Last edited by Edgyguy (2019-01-23 23:01:02)