Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unusual » I realised I was such a fool

I realised I was such a fool

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

I really don't know how to start.
      One day, I was reading a book . This is the kind of book that makes you skip dinner and sleep. I can relate to a lot of things from that book and maybe that is  why I got so caught up into it. Let me tell you a little bit about Lisa, one of the main characters from this book. Whatever,  she loves books (I can relate to that ) and her story is really sad.Her mother died in front of her when she was 8 years old. She was paralyzed with fear so she didn't even thought of calling 911 but her father blamed her anyway for her mother's death.She was the kind of person that could forgive everyone, but she couldn't forgive herself. She was a very unhappy person and she couldn't trust anyone. She cared too much (about everything) and most of the time she wasn't sure about her feelings. She was scared to share her feelings with other people  and she didn't have enough confidence. She also kept a lot of hate in her soul. Someday , she forgot about her mother's anniversary (it's been 8 years since she died ). Whatever, that day she did an impulsive gesture and she killed herself because she commited an ''unforgivable'' mistake.
         When I was reading the book, I realised that I had a lot in common with that girl but i never had suicide thoughts. And I didn't want to go there. So I got lost in my thoughts and I realised I was such a fool because I was feeling that way. It was wrong. Really wrong and honestly I didn't have any reason to feel that way.Some days I just have teen drama like everybody else, but that's normal.
We create our problems and we make a big deal out of nowhere. I realised I was a fool. Did you?

hey hey, I also read that book, I think it was called searching for Alaska and I can say I was crying when I read that she had committed suicide. anyway, I think this book is trying to outwit the dramatic part of things and somehow show that it is not good to react by wounding ourselves. of course, it is very good how you reacted and these and I consider them to be phases that pass, teenage phases.

the title doesn't really tie in with the post(in my opinion)
I mean yes, you relate to the character, but why are you "such a fool"? you should expand on that sudden realization that you did something so stupid...

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unusual » I realised I was such a fool