I know so many people in my life that didn't have the courage to dream or weren't brave enough to chase that dream. Sometimes I think I might be one of that people. The thing is, I have no idea who I am, what I want or where I would like to be. Yet.
For the ones that know me, you probably know I love to look up to the sky. I think I always loved things I couldn't touch like stars and far-way planets. Well, a year ago I was sure that I wanted to be an astronomer. But things are not that easy and the universe isn't as simple as it seems. All my life I hated math. From the first tests in first grade when I couldn't get that "FB" everyone desired. All my teachers told me I didn't have any talent for math and that only made me feel I was stupid. That's why when my parents found out what I wanted to become, they told me I wouldn't stand a chance. After all, I should be reading books about physics all day long and I am not, I should know all this theories that I don't, so I will never make it. About three or four months ago, I visited Cambridge and I couldn't stop talking to my parents about how much I would love to study there. They laughed and told me it was just a dream.
Well I want to tell you this. If you want something, you do it. It doesn't matter how many people will tell you that you are not good enough. So many people need to hear this and it hurts me to know they can loose themselves because of others. You are enough. You can be anything in the world if you desire. So just, ignore all those ugly words and prove them wrong. And smile. A smile is the best revenge. There is only one life you have, so go and live it now because you might never have the chance to do it later. And this is when I realize I am such a fool. I think I have so many years to live but I don't know that. I have no idea what can happen tomorrow. And this is not only about who you want to become but also for who you are. Stop living someone else's life. If people don't like the real you, live and find a place where you are excepted. Never try to be someone else just because you want to fit in. You don't have to fit in at all.
Be unique, be special and be weird, talk about what you really love,not about what others love. Don't be afraid to be you, because I am sure you are a beautiful person. And if one day you find yourself in a place where you don't belong, travel. The world is large and I promise you, there are people just like you that will love the person you are. Now go and find them. Don't be a fool.

Last edited by galactic_traveler (2019-01-22 21:47:37)