Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » (not) a waste of time

(not) a waste of time

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

As another day was starting, the sun was shining so bright and the birds' chirping was so soothing, our lovely Tahlia was getting better and better, seeing that the cold she had caught was almost gone.
Since the previous day she couldn't go to her theatre class, she insisted a lot so that her mother would let her go. After begging her for almost an hour, her mom agreed to let her go if she'd clean the whole house, knowing that poor Tahlia couldn't get to class in time if she attempted to obey her mother's wish. Tahlia tried her best, running all around the house, putting everything in order and wiping everything clean. Her room was the hardest, cause her clothes were all over the place. However, when she was finally done, she anxiously asked her mom to come see if things were all right. Her mother was walking around and judging every little detail meanwhile Tahlia was beating the rythm to her pounding heart with her shaking fingers. Finally, an answer was heard and it seemed so loud. "YES". Our girl got dressed as fast as possible and got into the car waiting for her mother.
She texted her mates to ask them where they were meeting. Not long after, she got back into the house, just as her mum was ready to get out. Turns out they didn't have the class that day and Tahlia just read the group's old texts. After realising that, firstly she thought "ugh, what a waste of time..". it was later on when she found out that she actually did her job for once, as it's not the mother's responsability to keep the house in order. It's a chore that the whole family needs to share. Tahlia ended up doing her part a lot more after this event and her parents started being a lot more understanding because of all the help.

Last edited by multiplepersonalities (2018-11-22 20:04:00)

This is very well written, mate! I think this is the first third person story I read around here, and you nailed it.  I liked the storyline very much and all the details you added made it even better! I appreciate the fact that you thought about the consequences of the story, so your writing wasn’t plain at all. I really don’t know what to say more, honestly. I wish my pieces were as good as yours!! Keep up with the good work!

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » (not) a waste of time