Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » An argument in the family

An argument in the family

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Dear diary,

Today I had an argument with my family and is quite unusual for us, because we are very close. It was not a big argument just some different opinions.
We were talking about our next holiday destination and how many days it would last; quite a frequent topic in my house, as we go in on many holidays around the world.
Firstly, we could not decide either neither to go to the mountains or to the sea...side......... . As we talked it through we all thought about going abroad, far away, somewhere where it is hot, because we had .....have....... enough of this autumn. I came up with the idea of going to Italy, because I love it there, but suddenly my sister told us she does did not want to go. I started telling her that if she does did not want to go there because of a stupid reason it does did not matter. We argued for a few minutes and kept telling sharing our opinions about the same thing we have had been discussing for a while now. After all my ideas were turned down I stopped telling any other thing, letting my family continue the conversation. I got a little mad because I thought they were not considering any of my ideas. After a while of talking, expressing ideas and things like that we could not decide which place to go to because we were all having had different opinions about the perfect holiday. I did not want to go where my sister wanted and vice versa. It was all ..a.... mess, that this is why we decided to continue everything tomorrow. It there was a little bit of tension between us, but I know that in the end we will have a great time no matter where we go.

Last edited by Blossom (2019-01-29 08:59:10)

I like the fact that your text had an introduction and an ending, but it would’ve been better if you structured them in different paragraphs. The way it is right now, it looks like a big block of text.  Besides that, I would’ve liked some background details (the time of the year, for example), they would’ve slowed down the pace of your writing. The whole text is promising, I like that you included every family member’s opinion. I really hope you’ll tell us where you and your family decided to go for your holidays in the end!

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » An argument in the family