Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Practical stuff » Review of Palas Mall

Review of Palas Mall

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Palas Mall is the biggest mall in Iasi. Since it was built, the other two commercial centers, Iulius Mall and Moldova Mall, are no longer visited by a lot of people. In Palas Mall are more magazines, for clothes, accesories, sport articles and there is a Hypermarket named Auchan, where you can find anything you want. There is a food court at the last floor of the mall, with a variety of foods like salads, fast food, chinese and indian food, and sweets like an italian ice cream stand, macaroons and many more besides. The disadvantage is that in Palas Mall you don’t have a cinema, so for someone who wants to see a movie it will be difficult because the only cinema is in Iulius Mall, which is far from the center.
Outside the building, there is a place for smokers and for people who want to eat and enjoy the view at the same time. There is a beautiful garden and a vintage carousel.
Also, there are a lot of business buildings and a subterranean parking garage. It’s an advantage that Palas Mall is in the center of the city, because it’s easier for people to get there.

Hello! First of all, you’re right, Palas Mall is better than Moldova Mall or Iulius Mall, but not in every case, because as you said, Iulius Mall has got the cinema, and at the stores from both Palas and Iulius you can find more items at Iulius Mall, I don’t actually know why, maybe because there aren’t that many people to come there to buy clothes. And Moldova Mall is good, because you can find good quality stuff for much less than in Palas or Iulius.

Hey!
Thank you for such a detailed review, but, as the other user said, Palas Mall isn't that much better than Moldova or Iulius Malls.
First of all, I agree that Palas has a huge, a way wider variety of shops and restaurants than the other two malls. However, Iulius tends to be more prefered by people as it's less aglomerated than Palas. Moreover, Iulius is trusted by time, so the shops and restaurants there will always have a bit more customers than in Palas.
Secondly, Iulius Mall has a cinema, which is a huge advantage. In addition, Iulius Mall is situated nearby students' residences, so there will always be people who will want to buy something, as Palas is located much more further.
All in all, all the three malls are more or less popular with the town's population and have a plenty of things to buy or look at, gardens or cinemas. We should be happy that we have them, as some cities or towns in the country barely have a good one.

Hi, I think your description is very good.
You used a lot of details and advantage of this place. I really like that you wrote the disadvantage,that it hasn't a cinema. I think no place is better than the other. Palas has more magazines,but Iulius has more entertainment places,in my opinion. But everybody goes where he/she likes more. :)

Last edited by Notebook10 (2019-09-16 21:09:01)

When Palas opened nearly 8 years ago, everybody in Iasi was very excited too! I was very surprised to find out how much money were invested: nearly 250 000 000 euros. Palas Mall has a major contribiution to the city of Iasi and it represents a major touristic atraction. Great work describing the mall though.

When you say Iasi,you say Palas Mall +the Palace of Culture. Palas is very popular and populated but there s no reason to say that another mall in iasi isn t  good or better than this centre,in my opinion.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Practical stuff » Review of Palas Mall