Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Problems » Living in the city or nearby

Living in the city or nearby

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

When it comes to settling down to your own home, a lot of people confront with one rather difficult choice: living in the city or in a village nearby. Obviously, both locations have their advantages ans disadvantages.
On the one hand, living in the city provides a multitude of services and options that are not available in the country side, such as a large variety of stores and public transport which has become indispensable for some of us; the absence of it outside the city makes owning a car crucial for those who live in a village, making the journey to work or school nevertheless more time-consuming.
On the other hand, homes outside the city are a lot more affordable (plus you don't have to pay the city taxes), and since you are going to live in a house, it's going to be a lot more spacious than a flat. You can have a yard where your children can play, you can throw barbecues and even have a garden to grow your own vegetables. In addition to that, there is a lot less traffic and noise outside the city, making the city a much more stressful and polluted environment by comparison.
Therefore, when choosing a home it is only up to you to decide what is more important, since both situations have their own disadvantages.

Last edited by Rhaenys.10AC (2018-06-11 15:35:41)

It is true that choosing a home can often be problematic because cities and rural areas have advantages and disadvantages, things you can miss from a part that you can have elsewhere and vice versa. In my opinion, the best place to get a home is in a village very close to the city like the Deep Valley for example.

I live myself in the city. Yes, it is right that in the city you have acces to a multitude of services and options. I cant argue on living in a village near Iasi, but I agree with you on the space that a house gives you in contrast with a appartement.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Problems » Living in the city or nearby