Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unusual » About your sense of pride!

About your sense of pride!

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Dear Diary,
     Today I will reveal you a secret that I have not told anyone yet. Everything happened three years ago.
     I met him at a school party during autumn. He was tall, black-haired, and his eyes were burning. I caught him looking carefully at me through that dense crowd of the hall. He seemed so fun and happy,  then I smiled  and walked out being so excited. After more than 5 minutes, I rejoined to the hall where everyone was dancing under slow music and suddenly someone patted my shoulder as a sign of invitation, it was an invitation to waltz.
I was a little proud, but I accepted that long-awaited invitation that destroyed the barriers between us. This way our commonplace conversation began, meaningless, but unimaginable.
   The pride appeared at the wrong time. The next day I received a message from him, to which I did not answer. Although he often greeted me at school, I tried to treat him with indifference for one reason: fear,  fear of what I felt for him . Then he wrote me again, to which I did not answer this time either, and just when he wrote me for the 3rd time I decided to replay him, because his permanent  insistence struck me.  I thought he was a smart boy, with feet on the ground and a little proud, otherwise I did not even notice him.
    We started to go to school together. The road seemed to be so short, time spent with him turning me into a lifeless snail which was trying to walk as slowly than ever.
I remember our first kiss, followed by many others, some simple, some more sophisticated.  Time passed,  and we noticed that we get cold to each other.
Then I decided to leave him saying that I do not have feelings for him anymore, although inside a civil war was taking place. I still loved it, but I chose to say "goodbye" first and do not be humiliated. I put the point where there should be just a comma and a sincere regret.
    Two months ago I saw him again, he had the same burning look, as though nothing had changed except the present.

Last edited by lambada_ (2018-06-09 22:14:52)

I really enjoyed your story, it reminded me wery much of a dramatic movie I once saw at the cinema. It is awful how, even though there is chemistry, things just don't work out sometimes, and i do belive that everyone deserves someone special.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unusual » About your sense of pride!