Last summer I had the pleasure of taking a 7-day trip to the Retezat Mountains with a group of friends and our guide was a a geography teacher who came here for the fourth time.
   We stayed at Chalet Pietrele, situated at the foothills of the Peleaga peak, on the shore of a swirling but crystal clear stream, and following that in the next few days to explore the surroundings.
   The next day, well equipped, we started to escalate the Retezat Peak. Seen from afar, the top appears on the horizon line as if cut off by a huge hand. The climb lasted for 4 hours, but the effort was worth it. The most impressive was when we got to the top with maps in the hands and discovered and meant about 20 higher peaks in the Retezat Mountains. We made the downhill on another route and it was much harder than climbing. Meanwhile, we have exhausted water reserves and when we reached Lake Bucura, the largest lake in the Carpathian Mountains, we quenched our thirst, not taking into account that a group of tourists were swimming in the lake.
   But what shocks you is the transition from a rough, rocky and gray route to the huge green meadows with lakes and parasites, where the sheep's bell and the shepherd's whistle  reveals the joy of indelible moments.
   The following days I visited the Retezat National Park, where we discovered rare elements of fauna and flora. We also visited the scientific area of about 2000 hectares in which grazing, fishing, hunting and forestry exploitation are forbidden. For the first time I saw the first marmots that were brought from the Pyrenees and colonized here.
   You can not believe how vivid can be a wild area where is no human intervention.
   The trip ended with a visit to the First Capital of the Dacian State, at Sarmizegetusa.
   All these things and events that happened at that time will remain in my mind and soul.

Last edited by Greenwich (2018-06-11 17:26:10)