Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unusual » Poor or rich

Poor or rich

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Poor or rich

Nowadays, even if you're poor or rich, you will not be pleased by what you have. The rich aren't pleased because they want more and more.
From the stories, I learned that the poor were fair, nowadays this theory isn't available anymore or there are cases in which the poor don't want more and they are pleased with what they do. Instead of working, they are pleased with the social assistance, stealing and begging.
On the other hand, a lot of the people became rich through a lot of illegal things.
In conclusion, you can always become rich, but it's more important to be a fair person

I think that this composition it's very well written and I also like the idea of it and the person who wrote this made a good point.

You are right. A person is very rich in vain, if he is a bad person. It matters a lot to be good and to think about others, not just about yourself and your wealth.  ^^

Hi! Despite the fact that your composition kinda short, I got the idea. Well, I think that nowadays it's easier for poor people to get money, not necessarily thorough illegal ways, but indeed, I feel like they would rather keep stealing and begging than getting a job. I think that is because they are caught in some kind of comfort-zone, a routine and it's very hard for them to get out of it.
I agree with your conclusion, it's way more important to have a big heart than a big wallet.

Last edited by sans. (2019-06-06 18:52:20)

Yes. The world is going down. Nothing is like it used to be. And maybe the poor are just tired and hopeless and that's why they are pleased with what they have. Some of them think it's easier to steal or to beg instead of working a little hurder to archive a goal. And maybe that's why the rich people are rich, because no one is stopping them and they do what they want

You can be poor and at the same time a happy human. Happiness does not consist in the money you have, but in the people who always support you. I know a lot of people that are rich, even very rich but sad because they don't have a family ,they don't have people to support them. I think that for nothing you are rich if  you aren't happy.

Last edited by star444 (2019-09-15 11:25:13)

I think that you're mostly right. It means that you can't trust those steriotypes anymore. Nobody's perfect. Some poor people are really lazy, which is wrong. And some became rich by illigal means. You also stated that rich people want more, but who dosen't? We all wish for things we don't have.

It's not a story, it's a reality.. I really liked what you wrote, and you're so right about that. We must not judge others by the way they look, but to figure out how they are inside. For example, if we see a beautiful man who has a lot of money, instead of finding out his past and how he is as a person, we will say that he is a working and cool man, while, he is a liar thief who has no business with reality. Keep it up! You're doing some beautiful essays! Good luck next!   :)

Hello!I really like your post because even it is a short text, is very true. I think that the best think that a person, in whatever social position, can do is to be honest. Also, you pointed out that both sides believed that money brought happiness and I appreciated that you did not agree with that.Henry Ward Beecher said that "A man is rich or poor depending on what he is, not by what he has ". What do you think about this ? :)

I heard a lot of times this thing that rich people aren't happy but isn't true. You can be rich and have a very good family where you communicate and have a lot of fun together. Money doesn't define a Pearson.

It's a good text, with a good base, your vocabulary is quite good, but you can improve your text with more information or with some examples so then your text will be more expressive.
I like that you put in balance how was the word "poor" now and back then.
in conclusion tour text was good

You talked about an important issue that is plaguing the world right now. Although your essay was a bit short, you pointed out the important bit of the problem and I like that a lot. Short but direct, the best way to do it :))))) but anyways well-done and keep on going!!!!

Hey, even if it was a short text, I really liked your idea.
But I am of the opinion that not all poor people live only through social aid, because some even try to fix their lives in some way.
I also agree with the fact that people have started to be dissatisfied, regardless of their financial condition.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unusual » Poor or rich