Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unusual » I got lucky

I got lucky

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

I got lucky

I always thought that luck is irrelevant, something that can’t be true. But was I wrong? Yes. You see, I have never had the “luck”  which my friends had. Some good things happened to them without them doing anything, like some sort of magic and I was always so mad that things like this never happened to me. At some point of my childhood I thought that I was cursed. Later in my life I came to understand the fact that I was always lucky, but I couldn’t see it until the day I discovered the meaning of luck. 
   I was 11 when I saw how lucky I was. I was traveling by plane with my family to Turkey and it was my first flight. I remember being so nervous . New I know that I have a fear of flying. The funny thing is that on my first flight ever I had experienced turbulences, FOR THE FIRSt TIME EVER IN MY LIFE. Long story short that day I learned that: one I tend to be dramatic because those turbulences weren’t that big of a deal and two that I am indeed lucky.
     It was a mind blowing experience because I truly thought about my life and how selfish am I (btw I am still quite selfish, just being honest). I am lucky in many ways. The Sad thing it is that I couldn’t see that until that thing happened. I mean for god's sakes I was on my way to Turkey (I was a very spoiled child apparently)
In the end I did learn something which I sometimes forget.

Last edited by queen (2018-01-28 17:06:45)

Luck is a very strange thing. Sometimes, I also seem to have no luck. I often try to help everyone and it seems like all the bad things are coming at me. I know more people who have a good luck, but one of them is the biggest example. She's a very bad person with everyone around her, and she have good luck. Maybe I have never understend how the luck works. And you should realize that the fact that you could travel to Turkey is good luck. Others can not. The fact that you have a family is good luck, because others do not have a family.

Last edited by Aphrodite (2018-01-20 14:32:10)

Hmm, for beginning, did you know that some people do not believe in luck? :))) Not at all. For example, priests do not see it as a beneficial way of existence. Of course, everyone with what thinks :) I think you're lucky ,first of all ,because you had the chance to fly the plane, I did not go with such a mean of transport so far: (((then, with God's help, all goes well, so I'm glad you disentangle very well in front of those not big turbulences. I'm so happy you're lucky!

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unusual » I got lucky