Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unpleasant » A person that nobody likes

A person that nobody likes

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

A person that nobody likes
Nowadays, we can see more and more people excluded from social groups because of their appearance or defects. When those people live in an environment surrounded by adults  they may not feel rejected. But, when they are kids and they have to go to school, this could be a problem. Children are often mischievous with each other and that thing can hurt their feelings. We all tend to criticize the person next to us without thinking what is truly in his hurt.
    So, some years ago, when i was like 12 years old , in my school class was a girl that everyone hated. She was the first person that I didn't really like. For some of my colleagues, she was ugly and this was the reason that she was excluded from our group. I was too one of those who didn't like her. But, for me, the reason was different. I didn't like her because of her character and attitude. I think my reason was better than the others. The only thing that I wanted was to change her mind.
   Then, what was so bad at her character?  That girl was very selfish. All the time , she thought that the earth is rotating around her. Also , she didn't have good manners and she always offend others. It was probably raised in an different environment. Her parents were very rich and probably this was the reason why she thought she could get it all with money. I guess her parents were to busy with work and she didn't get a good education. In those years, when she was my colleague , I thought that all she was saying about me was true. But, I realised that the problem wasn't at me , it was at her.
    Thereby, so even when I meet her, I try to avoid her. Now , when I see people like her , I try to avoid and not to criticize them because they may not have been born in a family as good as mine.

Last edited by Stefan01 (2018-01-14 14:32:37)

Hello dear! Well, saying that someone is a in a way because they were not born in a family as good as yours is a bit harsh, don't you think? Unfortunately, nobody is able to choose their family. Our family define us somehow, but when we grow up we choose our way. I don't know what age the girl is now, but maybe now she is a better person. We change. Change is in us. So, don't try to make permanent conclusions because I guess it will not help you.  :no:

Stefan01 you don't need to worry about anyone's opinion about you. I used to do that some time ago but I have stopped overthinking  and I realised  that my opinion about me is the best one . Good luck ;)

Casper
Hello, I read your replie and I think you are right. Maybe I was a bit nasty but i think that the girl could have changed her character. When you live in a society, you can figure out what is good and what is bad.

Hello!! I think you make a good decision. Nobody is perfect and nobody will be always good with you!! You must spend your time with people who make you happy.

Well..I find it hard to believe that the girl was so ugly that your friends did not want her in their group. Anyway, I think your colleagues have been very wrong doing so. Indeed, I consider the reason why you did not like her, namely, her ugly attitude, was much better. I hope she now has friends because everything is better when you have friends.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unpleasant » A person that nobody likes