Dear Hotel Manager,

I am writing in order to express my dissatisfaction with the services offered at your hotel. I was recommened this hotel through an Internet advertisment, but it proved to lie on certain aspects.

Firstly, I was puzzled by the lack of parking slots. The images presented in the advertisment presented a large open place to park my car in, but when I arrived at the hotel, it was way smaller than I thought. I found myself in the postion of having nowhere to park my car in, and it was really incovenient to find another parking place and then walk 5 minutes to actually get to the hotel. I'd suggest making the images closer to reality, in order to not confuse any more future potential customers.

Secondly, the conditions of the room were subpar. The rooms I saw in the pictures were very clean and had plenty of utilities not present in the one I was situated on. Not only I found bugs and cockroaches walking around the room on multiple ocasions, but the lack of items like a TV or a fridge, which should be there considering this is a 3 star hotel, negatively impacted my experience during my vacation. I urge you to put your rooms under check and improve on them in order to actually feel like a 3 star hotel, as I am sure the pictures I was presented were not a lie at one point.

I hope that you take in consideration the arguments I provided and eventually apply them.

Thank you for the attention offered.

Yours faithfully, Ihavenoideea.