Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Problems » About gender differences in Romania

About gender differences in Romania

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

About gender differences in Romania
       Growing up I never saw a big difference between boys and girls besides our appearance. I was never told that a girl is supposed to do certain things or no to. But as I started growing up, especially now I can see just how bad were some boys raised by their families. Just by talking to some of them I could see how outdated their values were.  Unfortunately, society in Romania is still not up to date.
      Firstly, no child should be told not to do a certain thing because is to girly or boyish. Children are like sponges trying to discover the world while having fun. Childhood is all about joy and happiness, but some parents manage to destroy their experience. Being a little boy who wants to do ballet or a little girl who wants to skateboard in a society fixed on gender roles have no chance at doing activists like such. I believe that a child who is encouraged to be who they want to be grows up happier and more centered compared to a child which was always told who not to be. A happy childhood is the foundation of a functional adult.
            Secondly, gender differences only make our society worse. Having people who believe that a women’s place is in the kitchen will only make a young girl’s academic life hared. In order to have a good economy everyone needs to have an education and a job. Telling a woman that she can’t have a career in engineering because is a men’s field is wrong. Same thing when people tell a man he can’t teach because is a more womanly work environment. We need to stop this behavior and start seeing people for people, not for their gender.
              To conclude, gender differences need to fade in order to achieve equality .

There are slight differences between girls and boys. There are differences between how a girl should be raised and how a boy should be raised. But in the end we are people of this century, women have been noted in society.

There are slight differences between girls and boys. There are differences between how a girl should be raised and how a boy should be raised. But in the end we are people of this century, women have been noted in society.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Problems » About gender differences in Romania