As of today, I was the one of the 500 gamers who managed to get in the top 500 of the best players in Diablo 3. "Oh wow congrats that's awesome!", you might say. Well, yes and no. There is no actual benefit, ..........[linker] (because) you only feel good about yourself and that's everything to it. You don't get anything out of it, unless you know how to exploit the fact that you're one of the best players in the world at that specific game, in which case you can get tons of fame. What am I gonna (I m going to) compare is me and how my life was before and after I reached the top 500 in the leaderboard.
First thing of (thing first), I had to get ready for the new season to begin. The preparations can take up to 1 week. I had to be able to play in a party of 3 other players for about 24 hours when the season started, so we can get ahead of the casuals. The rest is pure RNG. Basically, the group who gets 1 specific item can get rank 1 in (on) the first day. That item can drop in 1, 5 or even 10 hours, depending on your luck. You are only allowed to play meta builds, which can get pretty repetitive and boring, depending on what you're playing. In (On) the second day, we can have breaks up to a couple of hours, but we have to keep playing if we want to be in the top 100. The first week is crucial, because everyone is going to get their items and do content solo. When that thing happens, if you fall behind, you're doomed. When I first started the game, back in 2014, I was playing just to have fun. Now it ........... became (has become) a competition between me and the other players who wants to hit for (hit) the top. It ....... became (become) boring and repetitive and it took (has taken) me hundreds of hours to realize how stupid this is.
As of today, I ......... (have) decided to become a filthy casual. The conclusion? Do what you want, as long as you're having fun.

Last edited by deepstrasz (2019-12-16 10:19:39)