Dear 1theK,
I am writing to complain about the products I received last Sunday on first december. I am a big fan of your channel and I have been watching your content for almost five years now so, as soon as you decided to sell your merchandise online, I decided to buy several sweaters, 4 to be specific, and some t-shirts with your logo on them.
Unfortunately, the package I received contained only 2 of the sweaters. and not only that, butOn top of that they were also another colour from what I had ordered. PlusMoreover, they were in an extremely bad condition and a size smaller than on my order.
On top of that, the t-shirts were made from a different material than what was written on your site and the logo wasn’t the same. This whole package was a complete disaster; I mean The package also  contained something different from what I had expected and it also came after a month. In addition, I had to pay extra money for the delivery and it almost cost as much as the clothes.
I hope this problem will be solved, but in the meantime I would like a refund for the defaultfaulty products and for the transport. I am looking forward to your [u]answer[/u]response.

Yours faithfully,
Narcisa Dascalu

Last edited by Username Not Found 13 (2019-12-16 20:54:40)