Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unpleasant » Disappointment

Disappointment

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

It was a Monday morning in the summer vacation. This day iswas the one we scheduled to go on a trip, as a family. I had been waiting for this day for almost 3 months, since dad booked the hotel room.

I love travelling to foreign countries, but this time was something even more special, because we were going to Barcelona. I heard a lot of people praising this city. It has a beautiful arhitecture and one of the best beaches in the world. The thing I was most interested in though was the Camp Nou stadium. It is the home of my favourite football club, FC Barcelona. We bought tickets for the upcoming match. I was extremely happy, because I was about to see my favourite team playing live, not just at on the TV. That being said, our luggages were made and we were ready to go.

We arrived at the airport. It was a busy time of the day. There were a large number of people with baggage in tow, some standing in queue before ticket counters, some proceeding towards different numbered gates. There were many children too. We heard voices at short intervals announcing the arrival, departure or delay of flights and at times asking passengers to proceed towards a particular gate for security check. Suddenly, some raindrops started to fall on the ground. I looked up to the sky and I noticed that it was very cloudy and grey. A storm was almost sure to come. While I was looking at the weather outside, I heard a voice in the airport: "Ladies and gentlemen, all the flies were flights have been canceled due to bad weather conditions. We are sorry for the inconvenience..."

I was shocked. My parents asked when will be the next flight is the next flight going to be, and they said probably tommorow. BUT THE MATCH WAS THAT NIGHT! I understood the situation, but I was very disappointed. I have never felt such big disappointment before. We returned home, hoping maybe I willwould, one day, go to that stadium.

Last edited by Churchill (2019-12-12 18:38:21)

How sad! And I like the city of Barcelona, but not only for the soccer team there, but also for the architecture of that city.I admit I've never been there, but I want a great deal, and I hope that one day I will visit this wonderful city. Like you, I  want to reach a football match in Barcelona, to feel what I feel behind the phone screen, so
I hope that one day I will be able to see everything in reality.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unpleasant » Disappointment