Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » For and against standing up to abusive teachers

For and against standing up to abusive teachers

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Abusive teachers, from verbal harassment to physical harassment among chidlren, are a phenomenon that has begun to grow in the last decade.
Being manipulative, abusive and an overall bad instance and role model to a child who is prone to a process of expanding his knowledge is not normal and this misbehaviour and indecency should be sanctioned as harsh as possible.
In my opinion, standing up to an abusive teacher should be a normal reaction, an instinct since disregarding a student is a contravention when talking about a pedagogue; school should be an environment conducive to learning, communication and development; a space where you can come without hesitation or fear; a place where you can progress.

Hello!
I totally agree with your idea! Pupils and students shoudn't be afraid of telling their teachers that they are wrong when they're ACTUALLY doing wrong. It is not bad when students talk back when they're abused, physically or verbally, as it is not normal for a teacher to do that! And oh my, screw this "politeness" towards the teachers when they obviously exceed their authority!!! Screw this and fight back when you see that your rights or your personality get abused!

Man, why do students care if he is not liked by the teacher. I personally don't care. It's just not worth my time and besides that, what's the worst thing that could happen? The teacher will never hit a student nowadays, because they know that everyone got phones and at any time, he can get recorded, expelled and he will never be able to find another job in education for his abusive behavior. They will never take such a big risk just for their personal pleasure, at least not everyone. Of course there have been cases of violence in school, but not so often like in the 90's, where hitting your students was very common.

I agree with your point, these teachers should be punished, even if the abuse isn't physical, the emotional damage these teachers might cause is irreversible and can really screw children and teenagers up. It is not normal and should never go unpunished. I think that even if teachers have stoped hitting children in the past few years, verbal and emotional abuse are still very popular in schools all around the country and no body is taking action because they are all too afraid. Maybe it is time to stop protecting and accepting this obviously wrong behaviour.

I totally agree that people should stand up to their abusers, but in reality it is not that simple. Standing up to another person is hard, and that's without adding it the factor of them being a teacher, someone who has so much influence over the student's future. Instead of giving the job of getting rid of the abusers to the victim, we should make sure they don't get in the position in which they can hurt people

This is a real problem, especially in our contry. I've heard of many cases where children were abused by their tachers just because they were having a bad day or any other personal problems. I think that the abused kid should stand up to the abusive teacher and tell what happened to the principle. Of course, the teacher must be fired.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » For and against standing up to abusive teachers