Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unusual » Should parents pay their children for school results ?!

Should parents pay their children for school results ?!

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

The relationship between parents and their children have always been controvertial due to their different views, life perspectives and others. These relationships have evolved over the years and some parents invented a new method of stimulating their children to study, which consists of paying their kids for good results at school. I personally consider this is a completely wrong way of encouraging a child to learn, which only leads to creating a bad habit of always looking for a reward for the number of reasons.
          First of all, children should be taught how to be independent, so they become prepared for their future. I believe kids ought to be guided, not influenced or tempted by financial rewards. Paying a certain amount of money to a child after every achievement he or she has made, will only transform this method into a habit. In case a financial deficiency occurs and parents will no longer have the possibility to pay their child for studying, the kid will probably no longer make the same efforts he used to, as he gets nothing for doing that.
          Furthermore, I find it impossible to evaluate your child’s school results with money. Just think about how confusing it would be to appreciate one’s bad grades. Therefore it is wrong to teach a child that all the things come down to money. It is particularly inappropriate to reward a kid in this way when he/she is going through his self development period. It might have a negative impact on his/her mindset in the long run.[ai inceput paragraful cu o idee si ai continuat cu altele, e un amestec - ramai la o idee si explica sau ilustreaza]
          Admittedly you can give your child a particular sum of money from time to time, after an important exam for example, just to make him/her proud of himself and feel that all the efforts were not in vain. However, I think a better idea would be not to offer that money as a reward, so the kid does not study next time just for the financial prize he has been used to get...... at the end.
          To sum up, I believe that it is wrong to offer money for good school results as it is extremely immoral and it can also badly influence the child’s personality.

Last edited by teacherovi (2017-12-22 17:18:42)

Your arguments on this issue are very strong and I agree with you! You managed to capture very well the negative effects of this problem and you 've performed well point, despite the fact that most young people tend to agree with this .. Congratulations! :cool:

I think you are right about this issue. It is true that children sometimes need a stimulus to keep up with school requirements, but money is certainly not a solution. Sometimes children do not want to receive material rewards for their efforts but simply want to hear praise from their parents.

VintageGirl
"Furthermore, I find it impossible to evaluate your child’s school results with money. Just think about how confusing it would be to appreciate one’s bad grades."----I have to admit that this argument made me think. I tried to visualize how bad grades would be penalized financially by parents. If high marks means receiving a sum of money, then what will parents do when the children will fail? That's a real challenge.  :crazyfun:

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unusual » Should parents pay their children for school results ?!