Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » An injury

An injury

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Even if it has been 4 years, I still remember how boring and sad that summer was for me.
One day I was with my frinds in the neighborhood’s park and we were playing different games that were involving running. I stepped bad and I fell and broke my leg. It was terrible for me to stay home all the summer. Of course some friends were visiting me, and I enjoyed that but it wasn’t the same. The were telling me different stories that happened in the park or in their lives and I was so sad I couldn’t be there with them. I think I finished 6 or 7 series with maaaany episodes and nothing on the TV was appealing to me anymore because I knew almost every movie and TV show that were presented.
At the end of the summer vacation I removed my gypsum and went out. Even if I could go out only two weeks that summer they were perfect becaused I learned that I should live the moment when I have it, not to cry that i stayed home almost all the loved summer vacation.

I totally agree with you; we should always be able to see the full side of the glass, no matter how hard it could be. We should see, or at least try to see the beauty in every situation of our lives or, in the case in which there's no beauty in some specific situation, try to learn from our mistakes so we don't have to get there again.

I’m happy you ended up seeing the good part of this incident but I am sorry you had to go through it to begin with. As for the story, I would’ve liked to see more of the moment of the injury. Can’t wait to read more from you.

The happy tone at the end really brings me joy, as I can see you managed to at least learn something valuable from a bad experience. I like how you describe the period of time in which you had the cast on. It really does show the distress that your broken leg caused you, I can totally relate to that feeling of bleakness when you are stuck home for whatever reason, yet everybody else is out having fun. Congrats on the realism and the positive  message you're spreading!

Glad this ended up well and I’m also glad that you’ve realised how important being healthy and in good shape is.Although watching too many series isn’t that bad,I know  you would’ve prefered to spend your time with your friends,but sometimes an incident could help you see life in a different way.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » An injury