Dear diary,
I don’t know who to say this…It’s more difficult than it sounds and I know that in the end, everybody dies, and that’s life and life is not supposed to be fair.
Five years ago my grandma passed away. It was unexpected, since she was feeling just fine, it happened all of a sudden, and I was absolutely shocked. She was such a cutie and I really miss her.
Looking back, I wish I spent more time with her, she lived very far from me and it took me too long to get to her. I admit that it would be stupid for me to say that I didn’t have time to visit her, it was just that I was too little and my parents were afraid to let me go on my own. That woman meant everything to me, she was always doing whatever I was asking for, she was always giving me advice, and she taught me how to make pancakes and donuts.
I believe that before she died she was sad because she wasn’t used to living alone and that was stressing her out. I feel so bad for not asking her at that moment about her feelings and not supporting her how I was supposed to do, and i hope that she can forgive me.
I remember how sad my mom was, she wasn't speaking much, she didn't smile for months and I would've done anything to make her feel better but nothing seem to work. It's so bad that we do not realize how important a person is until it's gone. We should appreciate more the presence before the absence occurs.
And, as Walter Anderson said, Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have - life itself.