We live in a gorgeous era , composed by technological innovation , democracy and many other facilities that our predecessors  could not even think of . Related to driving development and experience , the cars, in our beautiful times are rather independent than conditioned by humans . It Is spectacular that a car, nowadays, can possible transport a person from a point A to a point B safely and with a good mood for passengers. Whether we are rich or poor , we all admit that since adolescence we dream of owning  an expensive car like Ferrari. But we also dream to have, as soon as possible, a driving license to fulfill our dream .

I think that teenagers should obtain the driving license, and start to drive as soon as possible for a number of reasons which I will list bellow:

First of all , comparing  to older times , teenagers from nowadays have a big advantage on their side: technology . New cars are equipped with a thon of ride assistance ,preventing  crush detectors and programs, which diminishes the required driver’s abilities, sometimes becoming a passenger . For example Ford has implemented from a pretty long period of time the “active park assist “ technology that resumes the lateral parking  to a push of a button. As well as Ford, but at a higher level car producer is Tesla ,a revolution in the field of electric cars,  which created a car that potentially can autonomous drive from a destination to another, more safely than a person would do. Unfortunately this car is banned by legal causes .

Second of all , the nowadays teenagers have a larger variety of activities comparing to the generation behind them. These activities require a fast travel between them to be accomplished: between school and sport activities and others. For example Alex , one of my old friends has a 16 years old child who just finished the driving school , being able to drive 550cc cars . Also, Alex is very happy because, before his son optained his driving license , Alex  was in the situation to take him home and bring him to school every day.

Even if some say that teenagers from actual generation are irresponsible , because of the facilities offered by technology ,and by their way of thinking , if we are realistic , between a teenager and a driving license it is an important exam which rejects all of the people without driving abilities.

So,  not only the  teenager , but in many cases the older people are rejected  if they don't have driving abilities.

Even if some say that it is dangerous to drive as a teenager , because of their lack of experience , in reality the experience is compensated by the new technologies , driver license being something necessarily at a young age. I think that in the near future , all cars will have autonomous driving capabilities , making the driving exam being useless , and the car, in general sense, an object that anyone could use , no mater haw old they are.

Last edited by Ken Block (2018-01-14 19:34:12)