Christmas holidays were coming. This means happiness, gifts, lots of food and good time. They also mean family reunions. Because everyone wants to see that one aunt that you ............. never met telling you how grown you are now. Or hear all your family asking if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend.
       Luckily for me, this year.....s family reunion wasn't like that because it wasn't that big. It was the first day of 2019. We always visit my dad's parents because it's saint Vasile and that is also my grandfather's name. Not a lot of people come to this reunion. There were only my parents, my aunt, my cousins and my grandmother's cousin and her husband. Obviously, we were eating. At the end, my grandfather took out a champagne bottle for all of us. He struggled a lot to open it. He even did the trick with the shoe on the wall. He took a shoe, put it on the wall, and hit the end of the bottle to the wall. I know this makes no sense. It didn't work. But the bottle had a lot of bubbles in it by now. So, when he finally succeded to open..... it, the bubbles got out as well. Especially on the ceiling. My mom and my aunt got up on chairs and cleaned the ceiling as much as they could.
       My 9-year-old and my 3-year-old cousins and I found this really funny. We were sitting on the couch and watched the whole thing while eating cake. This is like a les.....on:if you did a lot of things to open the bottle, you can be sure it has bubbles in it so don't try anymore.

Last edited by teacherovi (2019-06-05 14:41:00)