Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Wonderful » a festival I wish we had in Romania too

a festival I wish we had in Romania too

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

If you want to learn something important, it ...should.......... better be fun.
That’s what the founder of the Supernatural organization thinks about their unique way to spread the word about the environmental issues that have changed the way our cities look in the last decade.
Before you ask, Supernatural has nothing to do with vampires or fairies in this context. It refers to an organization that, for the last twelve years, had focused on raising awareness about topics such as recycling, waste management and renewable energy, briefly, the environment. They thought that one of the best ways to get young people involved in those matters is .....to...... createing a music festival that promoted having a sustainable lifestyle. I thought I should give it a try last year, when I suddenly became very interested about in our planet.
The Supernatural festival takes place in Belgrade every april. It was my first time outside the country borders, so that was pretty scary, but the thought of having the chance to see so many people who cared about the same things as I did was totally amazing. I didn’t really care about the line-up, cause I didn’t come for the music, and I knew I wouldn’t pay for anything exquisit music-wise. I didn’t even pay at all. They came up with a brilliant payment method; everyone had to bring their trash: plastic bottles, cans, paper, and they would be free to go. The trash had been used to power the audio systems and the very few lights they used. All the concerts happened during the day so there was no extra light used and all the products inside were completely ecological: local producers, biodegradable packaging... Everything was for the benefit of nature.
During the festival days, I even had the chance to participate in a number of various workshops held by ecological groups. I learnt about the dissapointing situation we’re in and all the possible ways to make it a little better. They really started this big desire in me to do the best for the unique mother planet we have, for our future, for our kids...
Now, one year apart, I have to admit: the founder was right. The best way to learn something is making it in a fun way. Even if the environmental issues we’re facing aren’t fun at all, the idea of the Supernatural festival is something that should happen in every country around the world.

Last edited by workinprogress404 (2019-10-18 21:27:57)

I do wish such a festival existed in our country! Nowadays, pollution is a huge problem, so organizing a music event that revolves around recycling and protecting the environment is an awesome idea. And using garbage as ticket fee and fuel for various equipment is a great way to kill 2 birds with one stone. I liked your composition, not only for the subject but also because of how you described the festival. Nice job!

ok so basically why i do agree that this is a fun idea
there are better ways of helping the environment

In my opinion, this organization is extremely useful and it does a great deal to society. They really started this great desire in me to do the best for the unique mother planet we have, for our future, for our kids ... The best way to learn something is making it a fun way. Even if the environmental issues we're facing are not fun, the idea of the Supernatural festival is something that should happen in every country around the world.

Hello there!
Personally, I did not know that such a festival ever existed, so thank you for bringing it in the spotlight! I really appreciate its organization, consisting of mixing the fun and the learning about important issues concerning our planet. The idea of getting a "free access" to a concert by bringing and collecting all sort of trash and litter is amazing, as it is an efficient way to recycle these things and do no harm to mother- nature. I also enjoyed the idea that there were constantly held several workshops so the young people could easily learn about problems such as climate change or overpollution. I wish that this festival could be in our country too, as I think that the environmental issues don't receive much attention there.

That's a wonderful composition about the festival. Honestly, I never heard of something similar. The idea behind it is awesome and the way you describe it was amazing. Good job!

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Wonderful » a festival I wish we had in Romania too